New explicit film from the director of Blue is the Warmest Color

mammos

Administrator
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the film will probably be shown early 2020, maybe cinemas and then DVDs. The bad news is that it might be cut, maybe with a runtime of 2.5 to 3 hours, instead of the Cannes 3.5 hour version, or the original 4 hour version.

https://www.konbini.com/fr/cinema/o...ve-intermezzo-va-finalement-sortir-au-cinema/

"According to L'Obs, which is based on an internal source of production, his project reworked editing rooms "should be out in early 2020 and last between 2:40 and 3 hours." The first version presented in Cannes, poorly mixed and uncalibrated, would be slightly different, since forty minutes would have been removed. The media said that these cut scenes could be broadcast "if successful" in a possible director's cut."

https://www.ecranlarge.com/films/ne...en-sortir-en-salles-dans-une-version-speciale

"According to this source, if this version met the success in theaters, the famous director's cut would also be exploited . Nothing is said about the disputes between Kechiche and her actresses. The idea is to make the film accessible to make room for the last part of what was to be a trilogy from the beginning: Mektoub my Love: Canto Due . For L'Obs , it could be ready in time for Berlinade, next February, or for Cannes, from May 12 to 23, 2020 . Another controversial session in perspective? Case to follow ..."

So it looks like if the movie is a success in cinemas, a director's cut might be available later on. Also, I got a bit confused: is Canto Duo under preparation and will be ready to be shown in 2020?

French friends, please help us with the translation.

al112

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the film will probably be shown early 2020, maybe cinemas and then DVDs. The bad news is that it might be cut, maybe with a runtime of 2.5 to 3 hours, instead of the Cannes 3.5 hour version, or the original 4 hour version.

https://www.konbini.com/fr/cinema/o...ve-intermezzo-va-finalement-sortir-au-cinema/

"According to L'Obs, which is based on an internal source of production, his project reworked editing rooms "should be out in early 2020 and last between 2:40 and 3 hours." The first version presented in Cannes, poorly mixed and uncalibrated, would be slightly different, since forty minutes would have been removed. The media said that these cut scenes could be broadcast "if successful" in a possible director's cut."

https://www.ecranlarge.com/films/ne...en-sortir-en-salles-dans-une-version-speciale

"According to this source, if this version met the success in theaters, the famous director's cut would also be exploited . Nothing is said about the disputes between Kechiche and her actresses. The idea is to make the film accessible to make room for the last part of what was to be a trilogy from the beginning: Mektoub my Love: Canto Due . For L'Obs , it could be ready in time for Berlinade, next February, or for Cannes, from May 12 to 23, 2020 . Another controversial session in perspective? Case to follow ..."

So it looks like if the movie is a success in cinemas, a director's cut might be available later on. Also, I got a bit confused: is Canto Duo under preparation and will be ready to be shown in 2020?

French friends, please help us with the translation.

If there's a screening in my area for damn sure I'd check it out, even if I don't like the film. There's no reason for not releasing the complete film, either standard or director's cut, let's cross our fingers.

DELETED

According to this French article, the film is unlikely to be released soon. Apparently, the production company entered into compulsory liquidation, and because of this, “le destin de“ Mektoub My Love: Intermezzo ”, that is, literally“ judge of the judge ”, literally“ the fate of “Mektob My Love: Intermezzo” is in in the hands of the court administrator. "

HellThom

Actually it says that the movie won't be released until the situation of the company is sorted. And it adds that the filming of the third part is almost completed.

monkeyman123123

Anyone speak French? Seems like a discussion on a podcast about the cunnilingus scene in Intermezzo:
Probably nothing interesting but perhaps some details.

It's in Spanish and they don't really say anything about the scene itself.

Friendlyfella

Anyone speak French? Seems like a discussion on a podcast about the cunnilingus scene in Intermezzo:
Probably nothing interesting but perhaps some details.
It's not French but Spanish ... I like when she quoted a female French movie critic who said that if you deleted the 178 close-ups of asses, the movie would be 20 minutes long!

mammos

Administrator
Anyone ever managed to find a detailed description of the cunnilingus scene? I've searched everywhere with no avail.

One review (translated) says that the female actress orgasmed 4 times.

"In the scene, the female sexual organ and the buttocks of the actress are clearly seen, sometimes in close-up, but the male body is always in the background. In total, the couple has oral sex four times in a row, with the right to female orgasm in all of them."

spyral

Never found a detailed description unfortunately. Annoying that people like the ManFromCannes on recapped who saw it won't provide any detailed descriptions. The article you just shared is about as juicy as I've heard. Amazing news if the translation is right. 4 orgasms in 13 minutes would be quite impressive, though. :)

I am also on the hunt for any details about the "long threesome scene" that was cut from the Cannes preview at the last minute. I just hope this movie sees the light of day. Ophelie is such a smoke show.

al112

Never found a detailed description unfortunately. Annoying that people like the ManFromCannes on recapped who saw it won't provide any detailed descriptions. The article you just shared is about as juicy as I've heard. Amazing news if the translation is right. 4 orgasms in 13 minutes would be quite impressive, though. :)

I am also on the hunt for any details about the "long threesome scene" that was cut from the Cannes preview at the last minute. I just hope this movie sees the light of day. Ophelie is such a smoke show.

Fingers crossed for an uncut release. If they can legally of course.

friend

Administrator
In particular, there was a scene that completely annoyed the audience and the protagonist of the scene, namely Ophelie Bau. As far as she was concerned, the actress was unaware that the director, at that time, was exclusively framing her vagina during un simulated oral sex. A real close-up of the actress' genitals lasting over seven minutes, for a total of fifteen minutes on stage if there are also other shots.