New explicit film from the director of Blue is the Warmest Color

mammos

Administrator
I'm reading reports that after the director exchanged letters with Ophelie's agent, he agreed to invite Ophelie at the "editing table" in order to cut down if she wants to some intimate parts from the cunnilingus scene. Basically, to tone it down.

Translated: ""I invite Ophélie to the editing table to tell me precisely what is shocking his modesty and I commit, as far as possible, to eliminate in the editing of the film plans that would still interfere. It's after all just cinema."

Damn, I guess we will never see the full scene and we will never find out what has been cut....

al112

I'm reading reports that after the director exchanged letters with Ophelie's agent, he agreed to invite Ophelie at the "editing table" in order to cut down if she wants to some intimate parts from the cunnilingus scene. Basically, to tone it down.

Translated: ""I invite Ophélie to the editing table to tell me precisely what is shocking his modesty and I commit, as far as possible, to eliminate in the editing of the film plans that would still interfere. It's after all just cinema."

Damn, I guess we will never see the full scene and we will never find out what has been cut....

So.. she really didn't know he was shooting that scene that way?

Nah, still don't believe it. Either way, just release the movie or not, if you're gonna censor yourself then at least do what any director with brain does and make 2 different cuts.

HellThom

Actually he says she was well aware and the people who says otherwise thinks she's stupid, but as a gesture of good will he invited her to edit the movie with me. Let's hope she will pass on the offer but anyways it means he didn't show the final cut at Cannes so finger crossed he won't cut too much of the scene.

jkrc

I know the movie business. I was involved with it. Ask me or any indie or big production director, producer, cast and crew what is the biggest headache about making films. They will all tell you unanimously it's the actresses. They are the biggest pain in the ass. Don't believe this media hype about actresses any type of claim. They're just being the headaches they are. I've worked with filmmakers who either try their best to not cast an actress at all or they create air tight contracts, shoot all of their stuff first and be done with them.

It's simple. It's like a job ad. You looking for actresses (or actors) and you specifically tell them what the requirements are. All written down. If they are uncomfortable with what is required they don't apply. Those who are comfortable agree and sign a contract. That's it. There is no "i changed my mind". It's a movie. It's an acting role. It is never personal.

The director would only be guilty if these requirements were not agreed upon when he casted her. I'm pretty sure she knew since her first sex scene was boderline real. If the movie was good and got great reviews she wouldn't be complaining.

mammos

Administrator
She never claimed that she didn't know what she was doing or what was expected from her. She was upset because she didn't know how much of that footage would end up in the Cannes cut because the Director wouldn't show them. At least this is what I understood.

Maybe she was upset because she thought that the scene was gonna be shown more artistically/sensually and maybe with very few glimpses of explicitness, rather than the 13-minute hardcore munching-fest that we keep hearing about.

Toklu

She never claimed that she didn't know what she was doing or what was expected from her. She was upset because she didn't know how much of that footage would end up in the Cannes cut because the Director wouldn't show them. At least this is what I understood.

That sheds some even worse light on her reasoning skills. Why would she, like ever, assume, that something that was shot would NOT be used? She was present as it was shot. In that instant she knew, that it would probably be in the film. I can only agree with jkrc's assumption:

If the movie was good and got great reviews she wouldn't be complaining.

al112

At this point I'm far more excited about Yung, this one seems doomed, sadly. With all the "#MeToo" crap that has been happening the past few years I wouldn't be surprised if the press or herself started to use that against him and fuck his life, personally and professionally. I really hope this ends well, for both parties involved.

spyral

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/20...ave-special-screening-at-venice-film-festival

I hope that they go through with it. We will get a lot more reviews, and hopefully the extended version will show more, or at least the same 13-minute action.

Amazing. What are the odds that the actor fucked her or at least got a BJ? It's not out of the question. He gave her unsimulated oral sex for 13+ minutes until she came. They were both a bit tipsy at least. You're telling me she didn't return the favor?

Maybe the director only showed her cunnilingus in the original edit thinking (1) he was "generously" sparing her and (2) he would counteract some of the "male gaze" commentary with footage of female pleasure. After the actress spurned him and the critics roast him, he says fuck it and releases the whole hardcore scene. Fingers crossed?

al112

Oh wow, that article gave 0 fucks. I like when I read something that doesn't take a side and speaks purely about the subject rather than giving his/her opinion. I seriously wanna see the whole movie or at least that part for me to judge it if it was THAT bad.

mammos

Administrator
Amazing. What are the odds that the actor fucked her or at least got a BJ? It's not out of the question. He gave her unsimulated oral sex for 13+ minutes until she came. They were both a bit tipsy at least. You're telling me she didn't return the favor?

Maybe the director only showed her cunnilingus in the original edit thinking (1) he was "generously" sparing her and (2) he would counteract some of the "male gaze" commentary with footage of female pleasure. After the actress spurned him and the critics roast him, he says fuck it and releases the whole hardcore scene. Fingers crossed?

Nah, I don't think that they went that road. At least not yet. Maybe he is leaving the most hardcore staff for Part 3, if it ever comes out after all the fuss.

By the way, where did you read that the actress came?

tdlotslv

Nah, I don't think that they went that road. At least not yet. Maybe he is leaving the most hardcore staff for Part 3, if it ever comes out after all the fuss.

By the way, where did you read that the actress came?
He's assuming that she surely must have came after 13 minutes of more than most likely intensive munching

tdlotslv

Correct.

Wouldn't it be nice if the director also released his vault of footage from Blue is the Warmest Color? sigh
I actually never even watched the much talked about scene in its entirety but yeah sure why not of course another director that I am also very much exited to see just what heck he has been doing since 2009 is George Lucas now I have no concrete evidence to back up my theory however based upon everything that I have researched about the man I really do believe that when he said that he was currently only making movies/films for his private collect and friends and not for the general public that was very demanding, challenging and extremely mature I can't help but wonder why he keeps on putting an emphasis on mature and do we have any people on here that can possibly get me an invite to one of his private screenings :)