Maria Riot - Landlocked (2018)

sowbb

001 file is corrupt apparently. Makes it hard to unpack the thing.

I hadn't yet deleted the archive files I uploaded, so I opened the file up in 7zip and ran "Test Archive" - no errors. Then, I re-downloaded the 001 file from the link above (my internet connection is THAT fast) and tried the verification again - no errors.

The problem is probably at your end. Maybe the download failed? The file size should be exactly 104,857,600 bytes. Or maybe you opened it in a program other than 7zip?

Smut Broker

I hadn't yet deleted the archive files I uploaded, so I opened the file up in 7zip and ran "Test Archive" - no errors. Then, I re-downloaded the 001 file from the link above (my internet connection is THAT fast) and tried the verification again - no errors.

The problem is probably at your end. Maybe the download failed? The file size should be exactly 104,857,600 bytes. Or maybe you opened it in a program other than 7zip?

Several download attempts, the file completes but cannot be opened. Just a thought, make it easy for people to actually get the file instead of having to install some app that they'll never use again.

elscan

Use the program HJ-Split to join all the 30 files in one 7zip-file. Then you can unzip the file with WINrar or a similar program...

sowbb

To check again, I re-downloaded EVERYTHING, extracted the file and played it. It works. No errors, warnings or crazed Gremlins eating away at the frames.

As for the zip / 7zip question: zip cannot natively split files into volumes, which is mandatory since most hosts do not accept files larger than 100/200MB. The non-free WinZip can do it, and you can use another program (e.g. HJ-Split) to split the compressed file after compression, but these are non-standard methods that sometimes prove tricky to rejoin. 7zip is a free, multi-platform and open-source program that can handle most compressed or split formats (zip, rar, ace, HJ-Split, ...) and has it's own compression format (7zip) proven to be much better than zip. It is rapidly becoming the standard for compressed files on the web. Plus IMHO it's much easier to use than, for example, elscan's suggestion which involves 2 different programs, one of which (WinRar) is NOT free.

As for your problems: if the file extracts it means that the download is good since the extraction program checks the file for corruption and fails if it finds it. Success means that the file is byte-for-byte identical to the one I uploaded. Your inability to play it, if I may hazard a guess, probably stems from the video being in 4K res which, as I said, is challenging for weaker computers. Maybe you can try and convert it to 1080p using VLC or an online converter? I tried to convert it for you using VLC but is messes with the aspect ratio making the video "stretched". I'm no expert on conversion, however...

Smut Broker

I tried using HJSplit. First thing to do with .00 files. Stitched together just fine. Went to extract, error, file is corrupt. Tried again with a new .001 file, same thing. Something is clearly going wrong for me between zippy and my computer.
But no worries. You say it works so it probably does. Managed to watch the stream of it anyway.

sowbb

I tried using HJSplit. First thing to do with .00 files. Stitched together just fine. Went to extract, error, file is corrupt. Tried again with a new .001 file, same thing. Something is clearly going wrong for me between zippy and my computer.
But no worries. You say it works so it probably does. Managed to watch the stream of it anyway.

You shouldn't use HJSplit on the files AFAIK. Open the 001 directly in 7zip (Shift+Click -> Open with...). It should recognize the file as the first volume of a multi-part 7z archive and open it and all following files in a single go.

HJSplit simply takes a large file and divides it to smaller ones without modifying the contents. When joining it simply appends all files to one single file without modification. These files (*.7z.nnn) are not simple fragments - each one contains a full 7zip header and concatenating them results in a mangled archive.

EDIT: You might want to check the exact size of all archives (Right Click -> Properties...). 001-029' size should be exactly 104,857,600 bytes, and the last part should be 88,947,674 bytes. If any of the files deviate from these numbers it's corrupt and should be downloaded again.

EDIT II: You can also use JDownloader to download the files. Simply copy the links to the clipboard and let JDownloader grab them. It should extract the movie automatically when the download completes and delete the archives.

Last edited:

al112

You shouldn't use HJSplit on the files AFAIK. Open the 001 directly in 7zip (Shift+Click -> Open with...). It should recognize the file as the first volume of a multi-part 7z archive and open it and all following files in a single go.

HJSplit simply takes a large file and divides it to smaller ones without modifying the contents. When joining it simply appends all files to one single file without modification. These files (*.7z.nnn) are not simple fragments - each one contains a full 7zip header and concatenating them results in a mangled archive.

EDIT: You might want to check the exact size of all archives (Right Click -> Properties...). 001-029' size should be exactly 104,857,600 bytes, and the last part should be 88,947,674 bytes. If any of the files deviate from these numbers it's corrupt and should be downloaded again.

EDIT II: You can also use JDownloader to download the files. Simply copy the links to the clipboard and let JDownloader grab them. It should extract the movie automatically when the download completes and delete the archives.

Used JDownloader, the first file says "not found".

mrtdg_

full film

DeniS

full film

Hello
vous pouvez utiliser ce site