Dau (2019)

mammos

Administrator
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1728616/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

I didn't have much time to research, but it seems that is a bunch of movies (episodes?), biographies or whatever mixed together.

Some of the episodes supposedly contain explicit sex, according to melonfarmers.

https://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/shopping_hardcore_18s.htm#Dau_4280

https://hyperallergic.com/484579/24-hours-watching-dau-the-most-ambitious-film-project-of-all-time/

"You may encounter DAU’s infamous unsimulated sex scenes, as daring in duration as content."

If anyone finds any more information please share!

sowbb

I heard about it months ago and did some research. This is not a film but some sort of an elaborate performance art, and the director is really not interested in releasing it for home viewing.

AFAIK they recreated a complete functional duplicate of a soviet era town \ research facility, and hired non actors to "live" there as their respective characters for several months while being filmed 24/7 reality-show-style. They filmed everything: their work, after-hours activities and yes, real unscripted (?) sex. The footage was then cut to many hours of disjoint segments that nobody gets to see: when you go to the "performance" you fill some sort of an extremely intimate questionnaire, and they show you a personalized edit of several vignettes based on your answers and chosen length (the recommended running length is 24 hours!).

From what I gather, the director is an "artistic" type with what seems to be a severe case of megalomania and obsessive control issues. The project \ experiment (his words, not mine - he refuses to define it as a film), which was funded by some Russian billionaire for god-knows-what-reason, almost never saw the light of day because a lot of the "actors" sued: they claimed the director basically forced them to stay in-character for months and "live" in the inhuman conditions of the original soviet regime without the safety regulations of modern times.

The director said he won't compromise his "artistic vision" and will only show the piece in the aforementioned context. Unless you're willing to actually experience it in person in this format, IMHO you're unlikely to ever see it.

DELETED

Everything was real at Dau: food, sleep, sex, booze, assault. The project participants used violence in relation to each other. The authors almost never intervened in this. This could be filmed on a camera, including the most intimate moments (but not on surveillance cameras: participants always knew that they were being filmed).

How were the sex scenes shot?
The participants had sex, always knowing that they were being filmed, and after that they gave permission to show these scenes. Or they didn’t give it - then the scenes were not shown.

There are at least two scenes of sexual violence in Dau: the director of the Institute is trying to force a secretary to have sex, and a state security officer rape the employee of the Institute with a bottle. In the second case, the role was played by a woman who used BDSM practices and agreed to the shooting.
https://meduza.io/feature/2019/01/2...o-smotret-pravda-chto-na-s-emkah-bylo-nasilie

mammos

Administrator

"That approach takes on more erotic connotations when Natasha and Luc end up sleeping together, in a graphic, unsimulated sex scene that drags on for several minutes. (Not since “Blue is the Warmest Color” premiered at Cannes has a hookup been designed to provoke such debate.)"

" “DAU. Natasha” premiered in Competition at the 2020 Berlin Film Festival. It is currently seeking U.S. distribution."

mammos

Administrator
Thanks to jfeinst12 from recapped for the heads up:

"The first two Dau movies are out. Both feature real sex and full frontal nudity. Can be rented at dau.movie/en"

www.dau.movie/en

Haven't seen it yet, but the prices are very cheap.

Reactions: tng

Friendlyfella

Thanks to jfeinst12 from recapped for the heads up:

"The first two Dau movies are out. Both feature real sex and full frontal nudity. Can be rented at dau.movie/en"

www.dau.movie/en

Haven't seen it yet, but the prices are very cheap.
Thanks a lot! Part one has an explicit natural-looking scene, with penetration (timestamp 38 min). There is also a scene during an interrogation where n ugly dude shoves a cognac bottle in her pussy.

Part 2 doesn't contain anything explicit, but I streamed very quickly. It's 6 hr long.

tng

Part 2 as two sex scenes, the fucking must be real because the guy (same guy for each scenes with different girls) cums each time but you don't see any penetration and the second scene as a suspicious cut when he pulls out but he still cums on her, so whatever, if you're into guys cumming check it out I guess. All in all nothing really interesting in over 8 hours of footage but kudos to them for pricing it that low, I'll definitely check out the rest when it comes out.

Friendlyfella

Part 2 as two sex scenes, the fucking must be real because the guy (same guy for each scenes with different girls) cums each time but you don't see any penetration and the second scene as a suspicious cut when he pulls out but he still cums on her, so whatever, if you're into guys cumming check it out I guess. All in all nothing really interesting in over 8 hours of footage but kudos to them for pricing it that low, I'll definitely check out the rest when it comes out.
Do you know the timestamp?

HellThom

It's not that cheap, though, considering there's 14 segments, that's a probable total of 42 €.
On the plus side, reading the synopsises (what's the plural of synopsys btw) there's potential of explicit sex in 4 or 5 of them.