Hoarder - Storage

I'm a hoarder. I'm collecting too much. I dont need it, I just cant stop. Ive filled up several externals with celeb and other stuff. Im even considering buying a NAS to simplify this.
How do you guys keep your files? Cloud? Im a bit worried about copyright-takedowns. Are you guys also keeping way more than you actually need?

DespicableMimi

I have a NAS I set up for sharing music and movies with the family, and a special restricted folder just for me. ;) The NAS also has a torrent client on it so I can download there instead of filling up my local hard drive.

I have a NAS I set up for sharing music and movies with the family, and a special restricted folder just for me. ;) The NAS also has a torrent client on it so I can download there instead of filling up my local hard drive.
Sounds nice. I think I'm gonna try the same thing. Set up a NAS. Synology comes with volume encryption next year (7.2 version I think) so thats nice. And as you say, you can also let your family store files without them knowing about your secret stash.

DespicableMimi

the bonus for me was having safer storage... rather than a single drive that can fail, a NAS can have multiple drives so if one goes bad, you don't lose all your data. I've had too many drives fail over the years that I wanted something a little more secure in that way.