The Marriage (2008) from Filip Chalatsis

mammos

Administrator
I am not sure thought whether this is the Director's Cut. On their website they say that they would release a remastered edition; which looks like this is it, but they also say about a director's cut with a lot of extras, so I am not sure whether this remastered one is the director's cut as well, it doesn't say anything in the website I provided...

signal_20380

Thanks for the links.

I might buy it if Paypal was an option. I'm not going to give my credit card number to just any random website.

It probably has much more gore than explicit sex + the director or the actors are not really "mainstream" anyway. Of course it would still be nice to see. The main actress (Hara Radeva) looks pretty hot.

mammos

Administrator
Thanks for the links.

I might buy it if Paypal was an option. I'm not going to give my credit card number to just any random website.

It probably has much more gore than explicit sex + the director or the actors are not really "mainstream" anyway. Of course it would still be nice to see. The main actress (Hara Radeva) looks pretty hot.

There is a Paypal option :)

chillaxed08

Rented it. 2 things: Nothing explicit. (Greek cinema has very strict guidelines when it comes to sex scenes so didn't expect anything anyway) Secondly, not even 4K. the stream is SD. Insanely false advertising on all fronts.

signal_20380

Rented it. 2 things: Nothing explicit. (Greek cinema has very strict guidelines when it comes to sex scenes so didn't expect anything anyway) Secondly, not even 4K. the stream is SD. Insanely false advertising on all fronts.
Yep. Just ridiculous. I mean the trailer actually says "EXPLICIT SEX". :mad: Who knows, maybe they are really fucking, but nothing is explicitly seen. I don't think there's another more explicit version out there, except maybe on the director's hard disc.

Also, picture quality of the trailer is probably a bit better than the 1080p download.

mammos

Administrator
I asked a question in the facebook page regarding this version and got the following response:

Is this the Director's Cut with the extras included, or just the same movie but remastered? Thanks.

Like · Reply · 1 hr · Edited

The Marriage 100% different, if you have seen the movie anywhere it has nothing to do with it,the previous cut was a stupid choice of 2 distributors in Greece with terrible sound, terrible editing and crappy moments. This is shorter with more explicit sex, more gore, restored scenes and sequences and also superior sound fx and music. The story line is also totally different. No matter the taste in movies, you will enjoy it!

It makes one wonder how certain people define the meaning of explicit sex o_O

signal_20380

I asked a question in the facebook page regarding this version and got the following response:

Is this the Director's Cut with the extras included, or just the same movie but remastered? Thanks.

Like · Reply · 1 hr · Edited

The Marriage 100% different, if you have seen the movie anywhere it has nothing to do with it,the previous cut was a stupid choice of 2 distributors in Greece with terrible sound, terrible editing and crappy moments. This is shorter with more explicit sex, more gore, restored scenes and sequences and also superior sound fx and music. The story line is also totally different. No matter the taste in movies, you will enjoy it!

It makes one wonder how certain people define the meaning of explicit sex o_O
Yeah. Not the first time people describe energetic sex scene as "explicit" even if it doesn't show anything more than a normal mainstream movie sex scene shows. This just seems a bit more dishonest because it's used in their official marketing material. Usually it's just some film critic or journalist that doesn't understand what explicit really means.

And actually there wasn't even that much gore either. ;)

They seem to know that there's a specific market for "explicit mainstream" movies, but for some reason can't really go all the way, so to speak. You wouldn't think that it would that hard to find young/struggling actors and actresses to have real sex in your indie movie. Maybe it would have to be more artistic and have better production values than a cheap horror gore movie like this one, but still.